CEREC in dentistry is the short name for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic
Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction. CEREC uses CAD/CAM (computer aided
design/computer aided manufacturing) technology to manufacture restorations quickly and with
precision.Cerec uses 3D imaging software to fabricate crowns, inlays and onlays, veneers,
dental implants, dentures and some orthodontic appliances.
- The CAD/CAM technology allows for same-day delivery of treatments like
crowns.As treatment can often be accomplished in one visit, it saves patients
from multiple visits to the dental clinic/hospital.
- Dentists don’t need to stock up on impression materials.
- Eliminates the need for a temporary restoration as the treatment is completed in
the dental clinic/hospital in a single visit..
- There is no need for dentists to rely on external factors like dental laboratories
delaying the fabrication of the restoration and hence ensure prompt treatment
delivery to patients.
- The restoration is typically long lasting as the material used is standardised.
- CAD/CAM restorations usually perform and fit very well due to accuracy of the
CEREC is not offered by all dentists as the machine is costly,needs good training
to use and confidence of the dentist to trust it over other traditional technologies.
At Smiline dental hospital we offer CEREC technology for our patients to save their precious time.If you are in need of a single visit procedure like same day crown,be sure to check out CEREC at Smiline dental hospital.Request an appointment or call us now!